Count Your Blessings
I was saying to my daughter yesterday how much I love this time of year in Minnesota with the sun moving south, casting shadows on the beautiful gold, orange and red hues of fall. And then I thought, I don’t take enough time to appreciate all the good in my life because I’m caught up in the daily hustle and bustle with the deadlines and obligations I’m working toward.
So I’m going to take a moment here to count my blessings. I encourage you take a moment to do the same as you read this blog – and you might find some similar to my list or you might think of other blessings in your life, too.
I am blessed with:
- A loving husband and three children, which makes for a wonderful family and fun individuals that support each other in pursuing what’s important to each of us
- Parents who are still alive and active and a very extended family of siblings and in-laws whom I love to hang with
- Business partners, colleagues and clients with whom I get to work and make a difference every day
- My health and the ability to actively participate in life
- Many friends, some whom I see frequently and others not so much, but we always pick up exactly where we left off
- A home for shelter, food on the table (and often in restaurants!), clothing and other necessities that I don’t have to worry about
- The beauty of nature and the changing seasons that bring awe year after year
- The privilege of living in the United States of America under the protection of all of the men, women and their families who choose to serve our nation and preserve our freedoms
- The freedom to worship God and praise Him for the many blessings He has bestowed on me
Wow, I am truly blessed and grateful for my life and all that it holds! What are you blessed with? What would you add to my list? Take a moment to share your gratitude!