My Favorite Motivational Quotes – What Are Yours?
 
Jennifer Wilson

I’m writing in the wee hours from the AICPA ENGAGE Conference.  During the conference, I’ve had the best time reconnecting with long-time friends and colleagues and making new connections, too. The conference has been a wonderful exchange of ideas and information so far, and I’ve drawn inspiration from so many.

As I began writing this post, I thought about the people, places and ideas that give me strength and confidence to drive the changes we know our profession must make.  Sometimes, the will to continue or the commitment to be better comes to me from the wise words of others.  That’s why I decided to share some of my favorite leadership quotes in the hopes that they will benefit you.  Maybe one of these quotes will help you elevate your mental game.  Or maybe, you’ll use one in a presentation you’re committed to make on change when you return home to your firm and its leaders. Perhaps one of these quotes will benefit your social media followership or someone you know, and you’ll be able to make a difference for them by sharing.

Whatever your use, I hope you’ll find value from these words that inspire me. And, I’d love it if you shared your personal favorite inspirational messages with us and our readership.  We’d love to hear and use them!

Quotes that inspire VISION:

“Skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.” – Wayne Gretzky

As a company, you need to get to the future first, ahead of your customers, and be ready to greet them when they arrive.” – Marc Benioff, Salesforce CEO

Quotes to inspire CHANGE:

“Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.” – Karen Kaiser Clark, Authorjlw-quote-2

“I am 100% responsible for the happiness [or unhappiness] I have in my work and/or life” – Jennifer Wilson

“Get comfortable being uncomfortable.” — Stanford’s Women’s Soccer Coaching Team

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi

“The secret of change is to focus all your energy – not on fighting for the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.” – John Wooden

Quotes for STRENGTH:

 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13jlw-quote-3

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi

“I am unstoppable! Be unstoppable.” – Jennifer Wilson

“Don’t stop when you are tired.  Stop when you are DONE.” — Unknown

Quotes that inspire POSITIVTY:

“You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you are responsible for the energy that you bring to others.” – Oprah Winfrey

jack-lee-quote“If you aren’t lit up and inspired by your firm, its vision, clients and people…how can you expect your people to be?” – Jennifer Wilson

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”  — Will Rogers

 “Success is 90% mental.  And the other 10%?  Mental.”  — Jack Lee modifying Yogi Berra’s famous quote

“Change your thoughts and you change your world.” —Norman Vincent Peale

“If you can see it, you can be it.  If you believe it, you’ll achieve it.” – Della Lee paraphrasing Peale

Gratefully,

 

Share this post:

Comment on this post

css.php