Happy Birthday, USA! On our 235th anniversary as a nation, I wanted to write an open letter of thanks to the many wonderful people who contribute to our beautiful, proud nation. I extend my profound gratitude to:
- Our current president and to all of our past presidents, too, for their courage to step up and lead, especially in difficult times. I admire your willingness to be vulnerable.
- The men and women of our armed forces for their sacrifice, courage and dedication to our nation’s causes and campaigns. I admire your fearlessness and selflessness.
- Our police and law enforcement, fire, rescue and other public servants who take great risks to ensure safety and security in our communities. I admire your wiliness to serve.
- The religious leaders of all faiths, who lead their worshipers in the paths of righteousness. I admire your faith.
- Our teachers, paraprofessionals and school administrators who work to better our nation by educating our precious youth. I admire your patience and commitment.
- The scientists, ecologists, park service personnel and other conservationists who work to preserve the precious natural resources of our bountiful nation. I admire your ingenuity and unflagging tenacity.
- To all other Americans, for your contributions, big and small, to the betterment of your communities. I admire your effort.
As we embark on our 236th year together, I pray for the continued health and prosperity of our nation. I pray that we will each work harder to be better neighbors, bigger volunteers and more conscious stewards of our nation, America the Beautiful, and her resources.
God bless the USA!